Acropustulosis: Acropustulosis is a recurrent, self-limited, pruritic, vesiculopustular eruption of the palms and soles.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Acropustulosis is available below.
Symptoms of Acropustulosis
- Typically, an infant aged 2-12 months with acropustulosis exhibits pruritic erythematous macules or papules that progress into vesicles and then pustules.
- Children with acropustulosis are fretful, irritable, and uncomfortable
- The hands and feet always are involved, usually on the palms, soles, and lateral surfaces. Lesions may occur on the dorsal hands and feet, trunk, scalp, and face.
- Lesions begin as small macules or papules that eventually form distinct, noncoalescing vesicles and pustules. They resolve with macular hyperpigmentation
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Acropustulosis
Treatments for Acropustulosis
- Treatmentis not necessary because of the self-limited nature of acropustulosis; however, topical steroids and oral dapsone have been used with good success
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Acropustulosis
Wrongly Diagnosed with Acropustulosis?
Causes of Acropustulosis
Read more about causes of Acropustulosis
More information about causes of Acropustulosis:
Misdiagnosis and Acropustulosis
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also...read more »
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Acropustulosis
Acropustulosis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
More Acropustulosis animations & videos
Prognosis for Acropustulosis
Prognosis for Acropustulosis:
All cases of acropustulosis spontaneously resolve in a few months to 3 years.
More about prognosis of Acropustulosis
Acropustulosis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Acropustulosis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Acropustulosis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Acropustulosis:
» Next page: What is Acropustulosis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: