Acrosphenosyndactylia: A rare condition characterized by abnormalities in the appearance of the face and head as well as finger and toe abnormalities. The bones of the skull fuse together too early which prevents it from growing normally. Various toes and fingers may be fused together.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Acrosphenosyndactylia is available below.
Symptoms of Acrosphenosyndactylia
- Partially or totally joined fingers
- Partially or totally joined toes
- Premature joining of bones in the head
- Growth disturbance in the skull
- Flat back of skull
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 39
symptoms of Acrosphenosyndactylia
Treatments for Acrosphenosyndactylia
- Surgery may be needed to prevent premature skull bone fusion from causing damage to the brain. Surgery is also needed to separate the fused fingers and toes and to correct any other defects if they become a problem. Orthodontic work is also often required. Other treatments are advised as symptoms develop
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Acrosphenosyndactylia
Wrongly Diagnosed with Acrosphenosyndactylia?
Review possible medical complications related to Acrosphenosyndactylia:
- Premature closure of skull bones can result in increased pressure inside the skull which in turn can result in mental retardation
- more complications...»
Causes of Acrosphenosyndactylia
Read more about causes of Acrosphenosyndactylia.
Less Common Symptoms of Acrosphenosyndactylia
Read more about symptoms of Acrosphenosyndactylia
Misdiagnosis and Acrosphenosyndactylia
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Acrosphenosyndactylia
Acrosphenosyndactylia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
More Acrosphenosyndactylia animations & videos
Prognosis for Acrosphenosyndactylia
Prognosis for Acrosphenosyndactylia:
The prognosis varies amongst patients depending on the severity and range of symptoms. Early diagnosis and management of the condition with surgical intervention as required allows for a better prognosis.
More about prognosis of Acrosphenosyndactylia
Acrosphenosyndactylia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Acrosphenosyndactylia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Acrosphenosyndactylia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Acrosphenosyndactylia: