Symptoms of ADD
Symptoms of ADD
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for ADD includes the 37
symptoms listed below:
- Lack of attention
- Poor attention span
- Easily distracted child
- Failure to listen to instructions properly
- Getting bored very easily
- Difficulty coping with details
- Careless mistakes in work
- Hyperactive behavior
- Difficulty sitting still for long
- Recurrent fidgeting with hands and feet
- Talking too much and too often
- Foot movements
- Frequent pencil tapping
- Restless behavior
- Getting out of seat in classroom
- Impulsive behavior
- General lack of self control
- Speaking inappropriate comments
- Difficulty waiting in line for their turn
- Aggression or agitation if upset
- Inability to organize oneself
- Inability to organize work at school
- Having unfinished projects, chores or school homework
- Poor coordination
- General messiness and untidiness
- Behavioral mood swings
- Seems hard to please
- Adulthood symptoms
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of ADD:
ADD: Symptom Checkers
Review the available symptom checkers for these symptoms of ADD:
ADD: Symptom Assessment Questionnaires
Review the available Assessment Questionnaires for the symptoms of ADD:
Review medical complications possibly associated with ADD:
Diagnostic testing of medical conditions related to ADD:
Research More About ADD
Do I have ADD?
ADD: Medical Mistakes
ADD: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to ADD:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Nerve Neuropathy: Related Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
- more home tests...»
Wrongly Diagnosed with ADD?
The list of other diseases or medical conditions
that may be on the differential diagnosis list of alternative diagnoses
for ADD includes:
- Normal child behavior - not every active child is hyperactive; not every shy child is inattentive; not every dreamy child is inattentive. Babies begin life with a very short attention span and children are still easily distracted until they are older.
- Giftedness (High intelligence) - gifted children may become bored and restless in class similar to ADHD.
- Normal behavior - sometimes children act hyperactive or inattentive without any disease.
- Bipolar disorder - hyperactivity could be from the mania from bipolar disorder.
- Restless legs syndrome - fidgeting and jumping legs may be misdiagnosed as hyperactive ADHD.
- more diagnoses...»
See the full list of 31
ADD: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of ADD:
More information about symptoms of ADD and related conditions:
Other Possible Causes of these Symptoms
Click on any of the symptoms below to see a full list
of other causes including diseases, medical conditions, toxins, drug interactions,
or drug side effect causes of that symptom.
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of ADD:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of ADD.
This signs and symptoms information for ADD has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of ADD signs or ADD symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of ADD may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed ADD symptoms.
» Next page: Diagnostic Tests for ADD
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: