Prognosis of Anemia
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Anemia: 4,503 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001)
Estimated mortality rate for Anemia from prevalence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 4,502 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
4,503 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001))
- Incidence: 3,500,000 (USA prevalence calculated from this data:
3.5 million (NHLBI)
- 0.13% (ratio of deaths to prevalence).
- See also Deaths and Anemia and Overview of Anemia.
Complications of Anemia may include:
Complications of Anemia from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Anemia.
Prognosis of Anemia Discussion
iron-deficiency anemia is treated by stopping the source of the blood
loss, the anemia should resolve once the iron stores are repleted, and
should not reoccur unless another site of bleeding arises. Pernicious
anemia, caused by B12 deficiency, generally must be treated life-long with
B12 injections, and will reoccur if the B12 treatment is stopped.
Inherited anemias, such as thalassemia, are lifelong conditions as well.
(Source: excerpt from Anemia: NWHIC)
Death Statistics for Anemia
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Anemia:
- 4,627 people died from anemia each year in the US 2001 (Deaths: Final Data for 2001, NCHS, CDC)
- 1.6 people per 100,000 died from anemia each year in the US 2001 (Deaths: Final Data for 2001, NCHS, CDC)
- more death statistics...»
Anemia: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Anemia usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Anemia
may include the duration of Anemia, chances of complications of Anemia,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Anemia, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Anemia.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Anemia
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: