Prognosis of Aortic aneurysm
Life Expectancy and Survival Rates
Average life years lost from Aortic aneurysm: 11.9 years (SEER)1 ...see also deaths and Aortic aneurysm
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Aortic aneurysm: 15,807 annual deaths in 1999 USA (NVSR Sep 2001)
Estimated mortality rate for Aortic aneurysm from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 15,806 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
15,807 annual deaths in 1999 USA (NVSR Sep 2001))
- Incidence: 176,913 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
2,966 annual cases in Victoria 1996 (DHS-VIC)
- 8.9% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Aortic aneurysm and Overview of Aortic aneurysm.
Complications of Aortic aneurysm may include:
See also complications of Aortic aneurysm.
Survival Rate Statistics for Aortic aneurysm
The following are statistics from various sources
about the survival rate for Aortic aneurysm:
- 61% is the 5 year survival rate for patients who undergo surgical repair for abdominal aortic aneurysms in the US (American Family Physician, Vol 56, 1997)
- more survival rate statistics...»
Aortic aneurysm: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Aortic aneurysm usually refers to the likely outcome
of Aortic aneurysm.
The prognosis of Aortic aneurysm
may include the duration of Aortic aneurysm, chances of complications of Aortic aneurysm,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Aortic aneurysm, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Aortic aneurysm.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Aortic aneurysm
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: