Asteatotic eczema: Introduction
Asteatotic eczema: Asteatotic eczema is a chronic skin condition that tends to occur in old age. It usually develops on the lower legs but can occur on other parts of the body as well. Symptoms tend to be worse in dry winter weather.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Asteatotic eczema is available below.
Symptoms of Asteatotic eczema
Read more about symptoms of Asteatotic eczema
Treatments for Asteatotic eczema
- Symptoms can be alleviated by moisturizing and steroid creams. Antibiotics may be needed if secondary infection develops
- Steps for Managing Eczema:
- Make lifestyle changes to avoid temperature, humidity extremes and other exacerbating factors
- Bathe only once every 1-2 days - over-bathing can dry the skin.
- Use bath oil to help moisturise skin e.g. Dermaveen, Hamilton's Alpha Ker or QV
- more treatments...»
See full list of 14
treatments for Asteatotic eczema
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Asteatotic eczema:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Asteatotic eczema?
Asteatotic eczema: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Asteatotic eczema:
Causes of Asteatotic eczema
- Factors which may increase the risk of developing asteatotic eczema:
- Excessive washing of skin
- Hot baths
- Excessive scrubbing of skin
- Excessively rough drying of skin
- more causes...»
See full list of 10
causes of Asteatotic eczema
More information about causes of Asteatotic eczema:
Asteatotic eczema: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Asteatotic eczema
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is rare in...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis".
This arthritic condition tends to be overlooked,...read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Asteatotic eczema
Asteatotic eczema: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Asteatotic eczema: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Asteatotic eczema
Medical research articles related to Asteatotic eczema include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Asteatotic eczema: Animations
More Asteatotic eczema animations & videos
Prognosis for Asteatotic eczema
Prognosis for Asteatotic eczema:
The condition usually responds well to treatment.
More about prognosis of Asteatotic eczema
Research about Asteatotic eczema
Visit our research pages for current research about Asteatotic eczema treatments.
Asteatotic eczema: Broader Related Topics
Types of Asteatotic eczema
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Asteatotic eczema, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Asteatotic eczema:
» Next page: What is Asteatotic eczema?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: