Burkitt's lymphoma: Introduction
Burkitt lymphoma is a rare form of cancer predominantly affecting young children in Central Africa, but the disease has also been reported in other ... more about Burkitt's lymphoma.
Burkitt's lymphoma: Lymphoma associated with Epstein Barr virus.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Burkitt's lymphoma is available below.
Symptoms of Burkitt's lymphoma
See full list of 6
symptoms of Burkitt's lymphoma
Treatments for Burkitt's lymphoma
Read more about treatments for Burkitt's lymphoma
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Burkitt's lymphoma:
- Colon & Rectal Cancer: Home Testing
- Cancer-Related Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma?
Burkitt's lymphoma: Related Patient Stories
Burkitt's lymphoma: Complications
Read more about complications of Burkitt's lymphoma.
Causes of Burkitt's lymphoma
Read more about causes of Burkitt's lymphoma.
Disease Topics Related To Burkitt's lymphoma
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Burkitt's lymphoma:
Burkitt's lymphoma: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Burkitt's lymphoma
Spitz nevi misdiagnosed as dangerous melanoma skin cancer: One possible misdiagnosis to
consider in lieu of melanoma is spitz nevi.
See melanoma and spitz nevi....read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Burkitt's lymphoma
Burkitt's lymphoma: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Burkitt's lymphoma
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Burkitt's lymphoma:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Burkitt's lymphoma,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Burkitt's lymphoma: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Burkitt's lymphoma
Medical research articles related to Burkitt's lymphoma include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Research about Burkitt's lymphoma
Visit our research pages for current research about Burkitt's lymphoma treatments.
Clinical Trials for Burkitt's lymphoma
The US based website ClinicalTrials.gov lists information on both federally
and privately supported clinical trials using human volunteers.
Some of the clinical trials listed on ClinicalTrials.gov for Burkitt's lymphoma include:
- Combination Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma or Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - cyclophosphamide,cytarabine,dexamethasone,doxorubicin,etoposide,filgrastim,ifosfamide,leucovorin calcium,methotrexate,vincristine
- Combination Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma or Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - cyclophosphamide,cytarabine,dexamethasone,doxorubicin,etoposide,hydrocortisone,ifosfamide,leucovorin calcium,mesna,methotrexate,prednisone,vincristine
- Intensive Chemotherapy and Rituximab in the Treatment of Burkitt Lymphoma - This study is currently recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - Rituximab,Cyclophosphamide,Doxorubicin,Vincristine,Methotrexate,Leucovorin,Ifosfamide,Etoposide,Cytarabine,Mesna
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy in Treating Patients With Lymphoproliferative Disorder Associated With Immunosuppression Therapy - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - rituximab
- Combination Chemotherapy Plus Rituximab and Radiation Therapy in Treating Patients With Stage I or Stage II Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - cyclophosphamide,doxorubicin,prednisone,rituximab,vincristine
- more trials...»
See full list of 405
Clinical Trials for Burkitt's lymphoma
Statistics for Burkitt's lymphoma
Burkitt's lymphoma: Broader Related Topics
Types of Burkitt's lymphoma
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Burkitt's lymphoma, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Article Excerpts about Burkitt's lymphoma
Burkitt lymphoma is a rare form of cancer predominantly affecting young children in Central Africa, but the disease has also been reported in other areas.
(Source: Genes and Disease by the National Center for Biotechnology)
Definitions of Burkitt's lymphoma:
A highly aggressive lymphoma composed of monomorphic medium-sized B-cells with basophilic cytoplasm and numerous mitotic figures. It is often associated with the presence of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and is commonly seen in AIDS patients. Three morphologic variants are recognized: classical Burkitt's lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma with plasmacytoid differentiation, and atypical Burkitt's/Burkitt's-like lymphoma. All cases express the MYC translocation [t(8;14)]. (WHO, 2001) -- 2003
- (Source - Diseases Database)
Burkitt's lymphoma is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of
Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health
(NIH). This means that Burkitt's lymphoma, or a subtype of Burkitt's lymphoma,
affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
Source - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Burkitt's lymphoma as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Burkitt's lymphoma:
» Next page: What is Burkitt's lymphoma?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: