Chronic Back pain
Chronic Back pain: Introduction
Chronic Back pain: Pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Chronic Back pain is available below.
Symptoms of Chronic Back pain
- The pain can often be divided into neck pain, upper back pain, lower back pain or tailbone pain. It may have a sudden onset or can be a chronic pain
- It can be constant or intermittent, stay in one place or radiate to other areas. It may be a dull ache, or a sharp or piercing or burning sensation. The pain may be felt in the neck (and might radiate into the arm and hand), in the upper back, or in the low back, (and might radiate into the leg or foot), and may include symptoms other than pain, such as weakness, numbness or tingling.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Chronic Back pain
Treatments for Chronic Back pain
- Exercise appears to be slightly effective for chronic low back pain
- Acupuncture may help chronic pain; however, a more recent randomized controlled trial suggested insignificant difference between real and sham acupuncture
- Intensive multidisciplinary treatment programs may help subacute or chronic low back pain
- Behavioral therapy
- Arch support
- more treatments...»
See full list of 7
treatments for Chronic Back pain
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Chronic Back pain:
- Nerve Neuropathy: Related Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Chronic Back pain?
Causes of Chronic Back pain
See full list of 9
causes of Chronic Back pain
More information about causes of Chronic Back pain:
Chronic Back pain: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
- Nerve Disorders: serious diseases commonly undiagnosed:
- Chronic Pain Disorders -- serious medical disorders that may be undiagnosed:
- more undiagnosed conditions...»
Misdiagnosis and Chronic Back pain
Cluster of diseases with difficult diagnosis issues: There is a well-known list of
medical conditions that are all somewhat difficult to diagnose, and all can...read more »
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also various other causes.
See ...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see symptoms of multiple sclerosis).
See symptoms of Vitamin B12...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Chronic Back pain
Chronic Back pain: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Pain Specialists:
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Chronic Back pain
Medical research articles related to Chronic Back pain include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Chronic Back pain: Animations
More Chronic Back pain animations & videos
Prognosis for Chronic Back pain
Prognosis for Chronic Back pain:
Most patients with acute onset lower back pain recover completely over a few weeks.
More about prognosis of Chronic Back pain
Research about Chronic Back pain
Visit our research pages for current research about Chronic Back pain treatments.
Chronic Back pain: Broader Related Topics
Types of Chronic Back pain
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Chronic Back pain, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Chronic Back pain:
» Next page: What is Chronic Back pain?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: