See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Climbing Onion poisoning: The Climbing onion is an unusual plant with many small branching, green, leafless stems and small whitish-green flowers. The plant originated in Africa and is often used as an ornamental house or garden plant. The plant contains a chemical (cardiac glycoside) which can cause symptoms if large quantities are consumed. Skin contact with the bulb of the plant can also cause relatively minor skin irritation. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Climbing Onion poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Climbing Onion poisoning:
Read more about causes of Climbing Onion poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Climbing Onion poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Climbing Onion poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City