See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Daphne poisoning: Daphne is a shrub that contains a toxin called mezerein (skin irritant) in the bark as well as a toxin called daphnin. The bark, sap and berries are the most toxic parts of the plant. The plant is native to Europe and Asia but is also found in other parts of the world such as America. A single berry or leaf can cause symptoms and 2 or 3 can cause death in a child. About 12 berries or leaves can cause quite severe symptoms in adults. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Daphne poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Daphne poisoning:
Review possible medical complications related to Daphne poisoning:
Read more about causes of Daphne poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Daphne poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Daphne poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City