Deletion 11p: Introduction
Deletion 11p: A syndrome that is caused by the deletion of short arm (p) of chromosome 11. The type and severity of symptoms varies depending on the amount and exact location of the genetic material that is deleted.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Deletion 11p is available below.
Symptoms of Deletion 11p
See full list of 65
symptoms of Deletion 11p
Treatments for Deletion 11p
- Treatment varies depending on the type and severity of symptom that develop
- Surgery may be needed to correct defects or abnormalities e.g. heart defects and other organ abnormalities
- Access to programs and services as required e.g. physical therapy, speech therapy, educational support, social, vocational and medical services
- Various symptomatic and supportive measures as required
- Genetic counseling and joining a support group is recommended
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Deletion 11p
Causes of Deletion 11p
Read more about causes of Deletion 11p.
Less Common Symptoms of Deletion 11p
See full list of 9
occasional symptoms of Deletion 11p
Prognosis for Deletion 11p
Prognosis for Deletion 11p:
The prognosis varies depending on the type and severity of symptoms that develop. Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment can improve prognosis and quality of life.
More about prognosis of Deletion 11p
Statistics for Deletion 11p
Deletion 11p: Broader Related Topics
Types of Deletion 11p
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Deletion 11p, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Deletion 11p:
Deletion 11p is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of
Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health
(NIH). This means that Deletion 11p, or a subtype of Deletion 11p,
affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
Source - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Deletion 11p as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Deletion 11p:
» Next page: What is Deletion 11p?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: