Prevention of Dracunculiasis
Clinical Trials for Dracunculiasis
Some of the clinical trials for Dracunculiasis include:
Prevention of Dracunculiasis:
Because Guinea worm disease can only occur by drinking contaminated water, following these
simple control measures can completely prevent illness and eliminate the disease.
- Drink clean water, free from contamination.
- Prevent persons with an open Guinea worm ulcer from entering ponds and wells used for
- Filter water fleas from drinking water.
- Treat contaminated water sources with a chemical, such as Abate*, that kills water fleas.
* Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the Public Health
Service or by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(Source: excerpt from Dracunculiasis: DPD
Prevention Claims: Dracunculiasis
Information on prevention of Dracunculiasis comes from many sources.
There are some sources that claim preventive benefits
for many different diseases for various products.
We may present such information
in the hope that it may be useful,
however, in some cases claims of Dracunculiasis prevention may be
dubious, invalid, or not recognized in mainstream medicine.
Please discuss any treatment, discontinuation of treatment,
or change of treatment plans with your doctor
or professional medical specialist.