Duck allergy: Introduction
Duck allergy: A duck allergy is an adverse reaction by the body's immune system to ducks. The allergy is usually associated with the skin, feathers or excrement from the duck. The body's immune system produces immunoglobulin E (IgE - an antibody) and histamine in response to contact with the allergen. The specific symptoms that can result can vary considerably amongst patients e.g. skin and respiratory symptoms.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Duck allergy is available below.
Symptoms of Duck allergy
See full list of 20
symptoms of Duck allergy
Treatments for Duck allergy
- Avoid contact with the allergen, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- Animal allergy is best treated by prevention of exposure to sensitising agents. Where this is not possible, treatment of allergy is dependant upon the type of allergic symptom, the body system affected, and the severity of the reaction. Treatments for animal allergies include:
- Allergen avoidance and minimisation of exposure
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antiinflammatories used for allergic rhinitis
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Duck allergy
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Duck allergy:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Duck allergy?
Causes of Duck allergy
Read more about causes of Duck allergy.
Duck allergy: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Duck allergy
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed early.
Some of...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Duck allergy
Duck allergy: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Duck allergy: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Duck allergy: Animations
More Duck allergy animations & videos
Duck allergy: Broader Related Topics
Types of Duck allergy
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Duck allergy, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Duck allergy:
» Next page: What is Duck allergy?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: