Duplication 13: Introduction
Duplication 13: A rare and very severe chromosome disorder leading to mental retardation and physical defects. It is so severe that many babies die soon after birth. The type and severity of symptoms varies depending on the amount and exact location of the genetic material that is duplicated.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Duplication 13 is available below.
Symptoms of Duplication 13
See full list of 26
symptoms of Duplication 13
Treatments for Duplication 13
- Treatment varies depending on the type and severity of symptom that develop
- Surgery may be needed to correct defects or abnormalities e.g. gastrointestinal malformations
- Access to programs and services as required e.g. physical therapy, speech therapy, educational support, social, vocational and medical services
- Various symptomatic and supportive measures as required
- Genetic counseling and joining a support group is recommended
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Duplication 13
Wrongly Diagnosed with Duplication 13?
Duplication 13: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Duplication 13:
Causes of Duplication 13
Read more about causes of Duplication 13.
Prognosis for Duplication 13
Prognosis for Duplication 13:
The prognosis varies depending on the type and severity of symptoms that develop. Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment can improve prognosis and quality of life.
More about prognosis of Duplication 13
Statistics for Duplication 13
Duplication 13: Broader Related Topics
Types of Duplication 13
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Duplication 13, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Duplication 13:
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Duplication 13 as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Duplication 13:
» Next page: What is Duplication 13?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: