Duplication 8q: Introduction
Duplication 8q: A rare chromosomal disorder where the long arm (q) of chromosome 8 is duplicated resulting in variable abnormalities depending on the location and length of genetic material deleted.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Duplication 8q is available below.
Symptoms of Duplication 8q
See full list of 69
symptoms of Duplication 8q
Treatments for Duplication 8q
- Treatment varies depending on the type and severity of symptom that develop
- Surgery may be needed to correct defects or abnormalities e.g. heart defects, undescended testes
- Access to programs and services as required e.g. physical therapy, speech therapy, educational support, social, vocational and medical services
- Various symptomatic and supportive measures as required
- Genetic counseling and joining a support group is recommended
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Duplication 8q
Causes of Duplication 8q
Read more about causes of Duplication 8q.
Prognosis for Duplication 8q
Prognosis for Duplication 8q:
The prognosis varies depending on the type and severity of symptoms that develop. Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment can improve prognosis and quality of life.
More about prognosis of Duplication 8q
Statistics for Duplication 8q
Duplication 8q: Broader Related Topics
Types of Duplication 8q
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Duplication 8q, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Duplication 8q:
Duplication 8q is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of
Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health
(NIH). This means that Duplication 8q, or a subtype of Duplication 8q,
affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
Source - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Duplication 8q as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Duplication 8q:
» Next page: What is Duplication 8q?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: