Aching or pain in the ear is called otalgia.
Ear pain is usually caused by an infection of the ear area,
including outer ear infections (otitis externa), mastoiditis, or middle ear infections.
However, pain in the ear can also arise from infections or conditions
in nearby regions that affect the ear nerves.
This is called "referred pain" and may arise from dental conditions,
jaw disorders, or afflictions of the upper digestive tract, throat or spinal area.
There are a variety of possible causes of ear pain
and any ear pain symptoms needs prompt professional medical advice. ...more »
Symptoms of Earache
See full list of 14
symptoms of Earache
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Earache:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Child General Health: Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Earache?
Earache: Related Patient Stories
- Plugged (fluid) ears, ear pain 4 months!
- eye,neck,ear,and face pain!!!
- Ear Fullness Pain Rining
- Hearing loss/fullness in ears with face pain
- Ear pain when lying on side in bed
- What Could This Be? (ear pain, headaches,...)
- Unexplained Ear Pain
- Sharp pain behind left ear
- Right eye ptosis,tearing,ear,jaw and neck pain
- Pain in neck, ear & tongue.. ??
- eye,ear,scalp and facial pains
- Severe pain around right ear, jaw, neck temple.
- Burning painful ear
- pain between ear and jaw>>>
- pain near ear & parotid gland and temporal area
- My mother has severe ear pain, no diagnosis
- White painful hard lump inside of ear
- Ear pain and dental pain together
- excruciating pain in teeth, jaws and radiating to face, ear, and head
- Months of Misery - PLEASE HELP - Vertigo, Clogged Ear, Severe Pain
Read more about Deaths and Earache.
Alternative Treatments for Earache
Alternative treatments or home remedies that have been listed in various sources as possibly beneficial for Earache may include:
Review possible medical complications related to Earache:
Causes of Earache
See full list of 174
causes of Earache
More information about causes of Earache:
Disease Topics Related To Earache
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Earache:
Earache: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
- Nerve Disorders: serious diseases commonly undiagnosed:
- Chronic Pain Disorders -- serious medical disorders that may be undiagnosed:
- more undiagnosed conditions...»
Misdiagnosis and Earache
Mild worm infections undiagnosed in children: Human worm infestations, esp. threadworm, can be overlooked in some cases,
because it may cause only mild or even absent symptoms.
Although the most common...read more »
Sinusitis is overdiagnosed: There is a tendency to give a diagnosis of sinusitis,
when the condition is really a harmless complication of another infection,
such as a common cold....read more »
Whooping cough often undiagnosed: Although most children in the Western world have been
immunized against whooping cough (also called "pertussis"), this protection wears
off after about 15...read more »
Mesenteric adenitis misdiagnosed as appendicitis in children: Because appendicitis is one of the
more feared conditions for a child with abdominal pain, it can...read more »
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also various other causes.
See ...read more »
Blood pressure cuffs misdiagnose hypertension in children: One known misdiagnosis issue
with hyperension, arises in relation to the simple...read more »
Children with migraine often misdiagnosed: A migraine often fails to be
correctly diagnosed in pediatric patients.
These patients are not the typical migraine sufferers, but migraines can also occur in children.
See ...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see symptoms of...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Earache
Earache: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists:
- Child Health Specialists (Pediatrics):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Earache
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Earache:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Earache,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Latest Treatments for Earache
See full list of 15
latest treatments for Earache
More Earache animations & videos
Statistics for Earache
Earache: Broader Related Topics
Types of Earache
Earache Message Boards
Related forums and medical stories:
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Earache, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Earache:
Earache; a pain localized in the middle or inner ear.
- (Source - Diseases Database)
An ache localized in the middle or inner ear
- (Source - WordNet 2.1)
Contents for Earache:
User Surveys and Discussion Forums
» Next page: What is Earache?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: