Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Introduction
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: A rare condition that occurs in some people who take the antidepressant L-tryptophan.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome is available below.
Symptoms of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
See full list of 22
symptoms of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome:
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome?
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Related Patient Stories
- Is this another autoimmune? Skin Thickening on thumb and fingers...
- Kidneys, Heart, Lungs or Thyroid?
- Fibromyalgia and L-Tryptophan
- high BP and pain
- High fever, stomatitis, painful vagina
- Abnormal WBC, Bruising, Pain etc.
- Abnormal WBC, bruising, Pain etc.
- Raised Blood vessels of the Skin ???
- "Muscle Spasms" possibly pinching a nerve.
- Eosinophilia and Hypogammaglobulinemia?
- what blood tests should i get for muscle loss/bone loss?
- People on Blood Thinner for Heart Valve
- Heart? Digestive? Lungs? Blood? Hormone? HELP!
- No Blood Test For Heart Attack
- Could spleen injury from colonoscopy affect autoimmune disorders?
- SLE or mysterious "syndrom" (affecting cns,mental health,skin,hair and nails)
- Lungs or heart...help!
- whiplash, muscles, nerves etc
- How does weight affect heart rate?
- heart,nerve,or muscular?
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Deaths
Read more about Deaths and Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome.
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome:
Causes of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Read more about causes of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome.
Disease Topics Related To Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome:
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
- Nerve Disorders: serious diseases commonly undiagnosed:
- Chronic Pain Disorders -- serious medical disorders that may be undiagnosed:
- more undiagnosed conditions...»
Misdiagnosis and Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Cluster of diseases with difficult diagnosis issues: There is a well-known list of
medical conditions that are all somewhat difficult to diagnose, and all can present
in a variety of different severities.
Diseases in this group...read more »
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see ...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Muscle and Orthopedic Specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Pain Specialists:
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Medical research articles related to Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Animations
More Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome animations & videos
Research about Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Visit our research pages for current research about Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome treatments.
Clinical Trials for Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
The US based website ClinicalTrials.gov lists information on both federally
and privately supported clinical trials using human volunteers.
Some of the clinical trials listed on ClinicalTrials.gov for Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome include:
Read more about Clinical Trials for Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: Broader Related Topics
Types of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome:
A complex systemic syndrome with inflammatory and autoimmune components that affect the skin, fascia, muscle, nerve, blood vessels, lung, and heart. Diagnostic features generally include EOSPINOPHILIA, myalgia severe enough to limit usual activities of daily living, and the absence of coexisting infectious, autoimmune or other conditions that may induce eosinophilia. Biopsy of affected tissue reveals a microangiopathy associated with diffuse inflammation involving connective tissue. (From Spitzer et al., J Rheumatol Suppl 1996 Oct;46:73-9; Blackburn WD, Semin Arthritis Rheum 1997 Jun;26(6):788-93)
- (Source - Diseases Database)
Contents for Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome: