Eruptive psoriasis: Introduction
Eruptive psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis is a skin condition in which small, red, teardrop-shaped spots appear on the arms, legs, and middle of the body. Guttate means "drop" in Latin.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Eruptive psoriasis is available below.
Symptoms of Eruptive psoriasis
- Symptoms include itching and spots on the skin, called skin lesions, which are pinkish-red and look like teardrops. The spots may be covered with silver, flaky skin called scales.
- The spots usually occur on the arms, legs, and middle of the body (the trunk), but may appear in other body areas.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Eruptive psoriasis
Treatments for Eruptive psoriasis
- The goal of treatment is to control your symptoms and prevent secondary infections
- Cortisone (anti-itch) cream
- Dandruff shampoos (over-the-counter or prescription)
- Lotions that contain coal tar
- more treatments...»
See full list of 6
treatments for Eruptive psoriasis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Eruptive psoriasis:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Eruptive psoriasis?
Eruptive psoriasis: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Eruptive psoriasis:
Causes of Eruptive psoriasis
- Bacteria or viral infections, including upper respiratory infections
- Injury to the skin, including cuts, burns, and insect bites
- Some medicines, including those used to treat malaria and certain heart conditions
- more causes...»
See full list of 10
causes of Eruptive psoriasis
More information about causes of Eruptive psoriasis:
Eruptive psoriasis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Eruptive psoriasis
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis".
This arthritic condition tends...read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma or lung cancer often fail to be diagnosed early.
Some of...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Eruptive psoriasis
Eruptive psoriasis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Eruptive psoriasis: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Eruptive psoriasis: Animations
More Eruptive psoriasis animations & videos
Prognosis for Eruptive psoriasis
Prognosis for Eruptive psoriasis:
Psoriasis is a life-long condition that can be controlled with treatment.
More about prognosis of Eruptive psoriasis
Eruptive psoriasis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Eruptive psoriasis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Eruptive psoriasis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Eruptive psoriasis:
» Next page: What is Eruptive psoriasis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: