Prevalence and Incidence of Falls
Incidence (annual) of Falls:
69,264 annual cases in Victoria 1996 (DHS-VIC) ... see also overview of Falls.
approx 1 in 65 or 1.52% or 4.1 million people in USA [Source statistic for calcuation: "69,264 annual cases in Victoria 1996 (DHS-VIC)" -- see also general information about data sources]
Incidence extrapolations for USA for Falls:
4,131,396 per year,
344,283 per month,
79,449 per week,
11,318 per day,
471 per hour,
7 per minute,
0 per second.
[Source statistic for calculation: "69,264 annual cases in Victoria 1996 (DHS-VIC)" -- see also general information about data sources]
Death statistics for Falls:
The following statistics relate to deaths and Falls:
- 5.5 per 100,000 people died from a fall injury in the US 2001 (National Vital Statistics Report, CDC, 2003)
- 5.3 per 100,000 people died from an unintentional fall injury in the US 2001 (National Vital Statistics Report, CDC, 2003)
- 0.2 per 100,000 people died from a suicidal fall injury in the US 2001 (National Vital Statistics Report, CDC, 2003)
- 52 people per 100,000 population over 65 die from falls in Australia 2002 (Australia’s Health 2004, AIHW)
- more statistics...»
More Statistics about Falls:
Deaths and related statistics
All statistics for Falls
About prevalence and incidence statistics:
The term 'prevalence' of Falls usually refers to the estimated population
of people who are managing Falls at any given time.
The term 'incidence' of Falls refers to the annual diagnosis rate,
or the number of new cases of Falls diagnosed each year.
Hence, these two statistics types can differ:
a short-lived disease like flu can have high annual incidence but low prevalence,
but a life-long disease like diabetes has a low annual incidence but high prevalence.
For more information see about prevalence and incidence statistics.
» Next page: Videos related to Falls
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: