Follicular lymphoma: Introduction
Follicular lymphoma: A form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma characterized by an abnormal proliferation of B-lymphocytes. It is a cancer of the B-lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell) which, if untreated, can spread to other parts of the body such as the bones and the liver. It differs from diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in that it is a low-grade lymphoma that usually develops slowly. Follicular lymphoma often transforms into diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Follicular lymphoma is available below.
Symptoms of Follicular lymphoma
See full list of 9
symptoms of Follicular lymphoma
Treatments for Follicular lymphoma
- Specific treatment of lymphoma depends upon the staging of the disease at the time of diagnosis, as well as the age and general health of the patient. Treatments include:
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Follicular lymphoma
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Follicular lymphoma:
- Colon & Rectal Cancer: Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Follicular lymphoma?
Follicular lymphoma: Related Patient Stories
Follicular lymphoma: Deaths
Read more about Deaths and Follicular lymphoma.
Follicular lymphoma: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Follicular lymphoma:
Causes of Follicular lymphoma
Read more about causes of Follicular lymphoma.
Disease Topics Related To Follicular lymphoma
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Follicular lymphoma:
Follicular lymphoma: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Follicular lymphoma
Spitz nevi misdiagnosed as dangerous melanoma skin cancer: One possible misdiagnosis to
consider in lieu of melanoma is spitz nevi.
See ...read more »
Rare form of hair loss often misdiagnosed: a rare form of
extreme hair loss called "Atrichia with papular lesions" (APL) is often misdiagnosed
as alopecia totalis.
Researchers...read more »
Hair and scalp disorders misdiagnosed in African Americans: A higher than average
percentage of misdiagnoses of hair or scalp disorders seem to occur in African Americans.
Some of the overlooked hair...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Follicular lymphoma
Follicular lymphoma: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Follicular lymphoma
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Follicular lymphoma:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Follicular lymphoma,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Follicular lymphoma: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Follicular lymphoma
Medical research articles related to Follicular lymphoma include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Follicular lymphoma: Animations
More Follicular lymphoma animations & videos
Research about Follicular lymphoma
Visit our research pages for current research about Follicular lymphoma treatments.
Clinical Trials for Follicular lymphoma
The US based website ClinicalTrials.gov lists information on both federally
and privately supported clinical trials using human volunteers.
Some of the clinical trials listed on ClinicalTrials.gov for Follicular lymphoma include:
- Vaccine Therapy and Sargramostim Compared With Placebo and Sargramostim Following Rituximab in Treating Patients With Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - autologous immunoglobulin idiotype-KLH conjugate vaccine,rituximab,sargramostim
- Rituximab and Galiximab in Treating Patients With Stage II, Stage III, or Stage IV Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - This study is currently recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - galiximab,rituximab
- Combination Chemotherapy With or Without Rituximab in Treating Patients With Relapsed Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - cyclophosphamide,doxorubicin hydrochloride,prednisone,rituximab,vincristine
- Vaccine Therapy and Sargramostim After Rituximab in Treating Patients With Refractory or Progressive Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - autologous immunoglobulin idiotype-KLH conjugate vaccine,sargramostim
- CC-5013 in Treating Patients With Cancer That Has Not Responded to Previous Therapy - This study is no longer recruiting patients (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - lenalidomide
- more trials...»
See full list of 368
Clinical Trials for Follicular lymphoma
Statistics for Follicular lymphoma
Follicular lymphoma: Broader Related Topics
Types of Follicular lymphoma
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Follicular lymphoma, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Definitions of Follicular lymphoma:
Follicular lymphoma is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of
Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health
(NIH). This means that Follicular lymphoma, or a subtype of Follicular lymphoma,
affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
Source - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Ophanet, a consortium of European partners,
currently defines a condition rare when it affects 1 person per 2,000.
They list Follicular lymphoma as a "rare disease".
Source - Orphanet
Contents for Follicular lymphoma: