See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Four-O'Clock poisoning: The Four-O'Clock plant is a popular flowering ornamental plant which often has different colored flowers on the same plant. The roots and seeds of the plant contains a toxin called trigonelline which can cause skin irritation upon contact with the skin or gastrointestinal symptoms if eaten. The seeds may produce a hallucinogenic effects if smoked or eaten. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Four-O'Clock poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Four-O'Clock poisoning:
Read more about causes of Four-O'Clock poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Four-O'Clock poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Four-O'Clock poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City