Fungal meningitis: Introduction
Meningitis caused by a fungal infection. Meningitis is an inflammation of the lining around the brain and spinal cord. Fungal meningitis is relatively rare and results when airborne yeast cells are inhaled. The condition mostly occurs in people with a compromised immune system such as AIDS sufferers. ...more »
Symptoms of Fungal meningitis
See full list of 9
symptoms of Fungal meningitis
Treatments for Fungal meningitis
See full list of 7
treatments for Fungal meningitis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Fungal meningitis:
- Nerve Neuropathy: Related Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Fungal meningitis?
Fungal meningitis: Related Patient Stories
Fungal meningitis: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Fungal meningitis:
Causes of Fungal meningitis
Read more about causes of Fungal meningitis
More information about causes of Fungal meningitis:
Disease Topics Related To Fungal meningitis
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Fungal meningitis:
Fungal meningitis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Fungal meningitis
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered from sudden...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical conditions,
such as a stroke or Alzheimer's disease,...read more »
Mild traumatic brain injury often remains undiagnosed: Although the symptoms
of severe brain injury are hard to miss,
it is less clear for milder injuries, or...read more »
MTBI misdiagnosed as balance problem: When a person has symptoms
such as vertigo or dizziness, a diagnosis of brain injury may go overlooked.
This is...read more »
Brain pressure condition often misdiagnosed as dementia: A condition
that results from an excessive pressure of CSF within the brain is often misdiagnosed.
It may be...read more »
Post-concussive brain injury often misdiagnosed: A study found that soldiers who had
suffered a concussive injury in battle often were misdiagnosed on their return.
A variety of symptoms can occur in post-concussion syndrome and these...read more »
Children with migraine often misdiagnosed: A migraine often fails to be
correctly diagnosed in pediatric patients.
These patients are not the typical migraine sufferers, but migraines can...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (see symptoms of multiple sclerosis).
See symptoms of...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Fungal meningitis
Fungal meningitis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Neurology (Brain/CNS Specialists):
- Stroke & Vascular Specialists:
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Fungal meningitis: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Latest Treatments for Fungal meningitis
See full list of 7
latest treatments for Fungal meningitis
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Fungal meningitis
Medical research articles related to Fungal meningitis include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Fungal meningitis: Animations
More Fungal meningitis animations & videos
Prognosis for Fungal meningitis
Prognosis for Fungal meningitis:
Left untreated, this disease can be fatal. It can also cause the following damage such as hearing loss, learning problems, difficulty talking, seizures, or paralysis).
More about prognosis of Fungal meningitis
Research about Fungal meningitis
Visit our research pages for current research about Fungal meningitis treatments.
Clinical Trials for Fungal meningitis
The US based website ClinicalTrials.gov lists information on both federally
and privately supported clinical trials using human volunteers.
Some of the clinical trials listed on ClinicalTrials.gov for Fungal meningitis include:
- A Randomized Double Blind Protocol Comparing Amphotericin B With Flucytosine to Amphotericin B Alone Followed by a Comparison of Fluconazole and Itraconazole in the Treatment of Acute Cryptococcal Meningitis - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - Itraconazole,Flucytosine,Fluconazole,Amphotericin B
- SCH 39304 as Therapy for Acute Cryptococcal Meningitis in HIV-Infected Patients Followed by Maintenance Therapy - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - SCH 39304
- Multi-Center Comparison of Fluconazole (UK-49,858) and Amphotericin B as Treatment for Acute Cryptococcal Meningitis - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - Flucytosine,Fluconazole,Amphotericin B
- Dexamethasone in Cryptococcal Meningitis - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - Flucytosine,Fluconazole,Amphotericin B,Dexamethasone
- Comparison of Fluconazole and Amphotericin B in the Treatment of Brain Infections in Patients With AIDS - This study has been completed (Current: 23 Nov 2006) - Fluconazole,Amphotericin B
- more trials...»
See full list of 20
Clinical Trials for Fungal meningitis
Prevention of Fungal meningitis
Prevention information for Fungal meningitis has been compiled from various data sources
and may be inaccurate or incomplete.
None of these methods guarantee prevention of Fungal meningitis.
Read more about prevention of Fungal meningitis
Fungal meningitis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Fungal meningitis
Fungal meningitis Message Boards
Related forums and medical stories:
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Fungal meningitis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Fungal meningitis:
User Surveys and Discussion Forums
» Next page: What is Fungal meningitis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: