Treatments for Gluten allergy
Treatment List for Gluten allergy
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Gluten allergy
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Avoid contact with the allergen, adrenaline injection if anaphylactic reaction occurs, antihistamines, bronchodilators for asthmatic symptoms
- The central concept of management of gluten allergy is allergen avoidance. When this is not possible or inadvertent allergen exposure occurs, treatment depends on the nature and severity of the reaction. Treatments include:
- Dietary modification and gluten avoidance - with education of children, parents and carers.
- No treatment - if symptoms are mild and self-limiting
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions.
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antihistamines used for allergic rhinitis
- Eyedrops - ketorolac, levocabastine, ketotifen, olapatadine, for allergic conjunctivitis
- Asthma medications such as inhaled beta agonists and inhaled corticosteroids - used to treat asthma which may have allergy as a contributing factor.
- Oral steroids - used in short courses for moderate allergic reactions especially with asthma symptoms or skin conditions
- EpiPen - adrenaline delivery device used as first line treatment prior to hospital care for those who have proven anaphylaxis as a result of specific food allergies
- Anaphylaxis is a severe life threatening allergic response. Treatment includes:
- IM adrenaline
- High flow oxygen
- Intravenous fluids
- Intravenous and oral steroids
- Nebulised bronchodilators
- Nebulised adrenaline for upper airways obstruction
Gluten allergy: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Gluten allergy:
Gluten allergy: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Digestive Health Specialists (Gastroenterology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Gluten allergy
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Gluten allergy:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Gluten allergy,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Gluten allergy