See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Golden club poisoning: The golden club is a water plant that has rhizomes (thick roots) under the water and flowers on a long stem above the water. The plant contains calcium oxalate crystals which can cause abrasive injuries on sensitive eyes or mucosal tissues of the digestive tract. The plant is considered mildly toxic if eaten and can cause skin and eye symptoms on exposure. The roots and seeds may be eaten if they are prepared properly - boiled with frequent water changes. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Golden club poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Golden club poisoning:
Read more about causes of Golden club poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures for medical facilities in specialties related to Golden club poisoning:
Choosing the Best Hospital: More general information, not necessarily in relation to Golden club poisoning, on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Prognosis for Golden club poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Golden club poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City