Hatzfeldt syndrome: Introduction
Hatzfeldt syndrome: Hatzfeldt Syndrome or Systemic Neuro-Epiphysial Disorder (SNED) is a type of sleep disorder (somnipathy). It is mainly characterized by an irregular sleep pattern, as well as irregular behavior.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Hatzfeldt syndrome is available below.
Symptoms of Hatzfeldt syndrome
- Sleep abnormalities such as narcolepsy. Patients are known to be narcoleptic and have increased difficulty of waking up during the morning, while being very unresponsive to external stimuli, a symptom attributed to deep REM.
- Behavioral abnormalities- Patients show euphoric tendencies usually described by patient's family or friends as "annoyingly cheerful" and expressed by incessant and loud laughter.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Hatzfeldt syndrome
Treatments for Hatzfeldt syndrome
Read more about treatments for Hatzfeldt syndrome
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Hatzfeldt syndrome:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Hatzfeldt syndrome?
Causes of Hatzfeldt syndrome
- High levels of melatonin and serotonin cause malfunctioning of the neural arch innervating the epiphysis and the hypothalamic region of the brain. Melatonin is related to the circadian clock in humans, hence affecting sleeping patterns
- Other biochemicals associated with SNED are dopamine, cortisol as well as somatotropin
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Hatzfeldt syndrome
More information about causes of Hatzfeldt syndrome:
Misdiagnosis and Hatzfeldt syndrome
RLS sleep disorder causing night-time leg sensations often misdiagnosed: A common but relatively unknown
sleep-related disorder called Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) is often...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Hatzfeldt syndrome
Hatzfeldt syndrome: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hatzfeldt syndrome: Animations
More Hatzfeldt syndrome animations & videos
Hatzfeldt syndrome: Broader Related Topics
Types of Hatzfeldt syndrome
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Hatzfeldt syndrome, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Hatzfeldt syndrome:
» Next page: What is Hatzfeldt syndrome?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: