See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Heliotrope poisoning: The Heliotrope is a herbaceous plant which bears small white, purple or blue flowers. The plant can be found growing in the wild and is also used indoors and outdoors as an ornamental plant. The leaves contain chemicals which can cause symptoms if eaten or skin irritation upon skin exposure. The plant is considered to have a low level of toxicity and large amounts would have to be eaten to cause symptoms. The leaves are sometimes used to make a tea. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Heliotrope poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Heliotrope poisoning:
Read more about causes of Heliotrope poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Heliotrope poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Heliotrope poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City