Prognosis of Hemochromatosis
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Hemochromatosis: 238 deaths (NHLBI 1999)
Estimated mortality rate for Hemochromatosis from prevalence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 237 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
238 deaths (NHLBI 1999))
- Incidence: 1,000,000 (USA prevalence calculated from this data:
more than 1 million Americans (CDC); 5 per 1000 in Caucasians (NIDDK); 1-in-200 to 1-in-300
- 0.024% (ratio of deaths to prevalence).
- See also Deaths and Hemochromatosis and Overview of Hemochromatosis.
Complications of Hemochromatosis may include:
Complications of Hemochromatosis from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Hemochromatosis.
Hemochromatosis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Hemochromatosis usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Hemochromatosis
may include the duration of Hemochromatosis, chances of complications of Hemochromatosis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Hemochromatosis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Hemochromatosis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Hemochromatosis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: