Treatments for Hepatitis D
Treatment List for Hepatitis D
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Hepatitis D
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Alpha interferon
- Treatment of Hepatitis D depends upon whether the infection is acute or chronic, and the severity of the illness. Treatments include:
- Avoidance of alcohol and medications that may worsen hepatic function, or rely on the liver for metabolism
- Supportive care - fluids, rest, for acute infection
- Interferon - for chronic infection
- Liver transplantation - for acute fulminant liver failure
Hepatitis D: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Hepatitis D may include:
Hidden causes of Hepatitis D may be incorrectly diagnosed:
Hepatitis D: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Hepatitis D:
Hepatitis D: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Digestive Health Specialists (Gastroenterology):
- Liver Health Specialists (Hepatology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Unlabeled Drugs and Medications to treat Hepatitis D:
Unlabelled alternative drug treatments for Hepatitis D include:
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Hepatitis D
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Hepatitis D:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Hepatitis D,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Discussion of treatments for Hepatitis D:
Drug treatment with alpha interferon.
(Source: excerpt from Viral Hepatitis A to E and Beyond: NIDDK
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Hepatitis D