See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Horseradish poisoning: Horseradish is a herb which has a long thick root. It is often found in gardens. The roots contain a chemical called glucosinolate which can cause symptoms if large quantities are eaten. Eating small quantities of the root is considered harmless. The safest way to eat the root is to eat small amounts of young roots. Cooking the roots destroys the toxicity of the chemical. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Horseradish poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Horseradish poisoning:
Read more about causes of Horseradish poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Horseradish poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Horseradish poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City