Symptoms of Hypersensitivity reaction
See full list of 15
symptoms of Hypersensitivity reaction
Treatments for Hypersensitivity reaction
- Treatment of a hypersensitivity reaction is dependant upon the type and severity of allergic symptoms. Treatments for Type 1 hypersensitivity include:
- Allergen avoidance and minimisation of exposure - including dietary management in food allergies, minimisation of dust mites with strategies in the home environment.
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant.
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antiinflammatories used for allergic rhinitis
- Eyedrops - ketorolac, levocabastine, ketotifen, olopatadine, for allergic conjunctivitis
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Hypersensitivity reaction
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Hypersensitivity reaction:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Child General Health: Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Hypersensitivity reaction?
Causes of Hypersensitivity reaction
Read more about causes of Hypersensitivity reaction.
More information about causes of Hypersensitivity reaction:
Disease Topics Related To Hypersensitivity reaction
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Hypersensitivity reaction:
Hypersensitivity reaction: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Hypersensitivity reaction
Mild worm infections undiagnosed in children: Human worm infestations, esp. threadworm, can be overlooked in some cases,
because it may cause only mild or even absent symptoms.
Although the most...read more »
Mesenteric adenitis misdiagnosed as appendicitis in children: Because appendicitis is one of the
more feared conditions for a child with abdominal pain, it can be over-diagnosed
(it can, of...read more »
Blood pressure cuffs misdiagnose hypertension in children: One known misdiagnosis issue
with hyperension, arises in relation to the simple equipment used to test blood pressure.
The "cuff" around the arm to measure blood...read more »
Children with migraine often misdiagnosed: A migraine often fails to be
correctly diagnosed in pediatric patients.
These patients are not the typical migraine sufferers, but migraines can also occur in children.
See misdiagnosis of...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Hypersensitivity reaction
Hypersensitivity reaction: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Hypersensitivity reaction
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Hypersensitivity reaction:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Hypersensitivity reaction,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Hypersensitivity reaction: Broader Related Topics
Types of Hypersensitivity reaction
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Hypersensitivity reaction, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Hypersensitivity reaction: