See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Iris poisoning: The iris is a common flowering plant that grows from rhizomes or bulbs. The rhizomes or bulbs contain a toxic chemical called irisin which can cause various symptoms if ingested. Irises are considered to have low toxicity and skin irritation upon skin exposure is usually mild. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Iris poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Iris poisoning:
Read more about causes of Iris poisoning.
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Iris poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Iris poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City