See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning: Jack-in-the-pulpit is a herbaceous plant with small inconspicuous flowers and bright red berries. It is found throughout the world, both in the wild and in gardens. The plant contains calcium oxalate crystals which can cause irritating symptoms if eaten. The roots are edible if they are dried or cooked but eating raw roots will cause symptoms. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning:
Read more about causes of Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Jack-in-the-pulpit poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City