See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Lantana poisoning: Lantana is a small flowering shrub with spiny stems. It bears small clusters of colorful flowers on a stalk and small green fruit which become dark when ripe. The plant contains a chemical called triterpene which can cause poisoning symptoms if eaten. Death can occur if sufficient quantities are eaten as the chemical is quite toxic. The green berries are considered the most toxic part of the plant but the leaves are also poisonous but less likely to be eaten. Skin irritation can also result from skin contact with the plant. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Lantana poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Lantana poisoning:
Read more about causes of Lantana poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Lantana poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Lantana poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City