Masochism: An abnormal desire to be humiliated or physically hurt in some way.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Masochism is available below.
Symptoms of Masochism
- Desire to be humiliated or physically hurt in some way
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about being humiliated or physically hurt in some way
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving being humiliated or physically hurt in some way
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving being humiliated or physically hurt in some way
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Masochism
Treatments for Masochism
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- Treatment is generally not sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way and they feel compelled to address their condition. The majority of people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner, but if treatment is sought, options may include: in
- Behavior therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Masochism
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Masochism:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Masochism?
Causes of Masochism
Read more about causes of Masochism.
Masochism: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Masochism
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered from sudden inability to speak.
This was initially...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults....read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be overlooked.
See misdiagnosis of depression or ...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety disorders).
Failure to diagnose...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Masochism
Masochism: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Masochism
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Masochism:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Masochism,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Masochism: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Masochism: Broader Related Topics
Types of Masochism
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Masochism, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
» Next page: What is Masochism?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: