Assessment
Questionnaire

Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.
 

Mayapple poisoning

Mayapple poisoning: Introduction

Mayapple poisoning: The Mayapple is a small flowering plant which is often found growing naturally. It bears small single flowers and apple-like fruit which turns yellow when ripe. The unripe fruit and leaves contain a chemical called podophyllin which can cause poisoning if eaten. The plant is considered highly toxic and death can occur if sufficient quantities are eaten. The leaves, roots and unripe fruit are toxic but the ripe fruit is edible. The plant has been used to treat venereal warts. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Mayapple poisoning is available below.

Symptoms of Mayapple poisoning

Treatments for Mayapple poisoning

Home Diagnostic Testing

Home medical testing related to Mayapple poisoning:

Wrongly Diagnosed with Mayapple poisoning?

Mayapple poisoning: Complications

Review possible medical complications related to Mayapple poisoning:

Causes of Mayapple poisoning

Read more about causes of Mayapple poisoning.

Mayapple poisoning: Research Doctors & Specialists

Research related physicians and medical specialists:

Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:

Prognosis for Mayapple poisoning

Prognosis for Mayapple poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.

Mayapple poisoning: Broader Related Topics

User Interactive Forums

Read about other experiences, ask a question about Mayapple poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:

Related Mayapple poisoning Info

Videos about Mayapple poisoning

 

More information about Mayapple poisoning

  1. Mayapple poisoning: Introduction
  2. Symptoms
  3. Causes
  4. Treatments
  5. Home Testing
  6. Complications
  7. Prognosis
 

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise