Prognosis of Measles
Measles: Duration statistics
Duration of Measles: usually 3 to 5 days till fever subsides; slightly longer for full recovery. ...see also Overview of Measles
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Measles: 2 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001)
Estimated mortality rate for Measles from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 2 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
2 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001))
- Incidence: 99 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
100 cases annually (1998); once common, now greatly reduced by MMR vaccination programs; 100 annual cases notified in USA 1999 (MMWR 1999)
- 2.0% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Measles and Overview of Measles.
Complications of Measles may include:
Complications of Measles from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Measles.
Death Statistics for Measles
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Measles:
- 1 person died from measles each year in the US 2001 (Deaths, Final Data for 2001, NCHS, CDC)
- Disease death statistics for measles by worldwide region:
- About 311,000 deaths from measles in Africa 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 196,000 deaths from measles in South East Asia 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 6,000 deaths from measles in Europe 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 70,000 deaths from measles in Eastern Mediterranean 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 28,000 deaths from measles in Western Pacific 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- more death statistics...»
Measles: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Measles usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Measles
may include the duration of Measles, chances of complications of Measles,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Measles, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Measles.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Causes of Measles
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: