Mixed apnea: Introduction
Mixed apnea: Mixed apnea is a combination of central and obstructive apnea and is seen particularly in infants or young children who have abnormal control of breathing.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Mixed apnea is available below.
Symptoms of Mixed apnea
- Longer total sleep time than normal, especially obese children or those with severe apnea.
- More effort in breathing (flaring nostrils, heaving chests, sweating). The chest may have an inward motion during sleep.
- Behavioral difficulties without any obvious cause, such as hyperactivity and inattention
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 8
symptoms of Mixed apnea
Treatments for Mixed apnea
- Oxygen, nasal CPAP, or bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) may be used for some types of mixed sleep apnea
- Some types mixed apnea are treated with drugs that stimulate breathing
- Patients should avoid the use of any sedative medications
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Mixed apnea
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Mixed apnea:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Mixed apnea?
Causes of Mixed apnea
- Could be due to a combination of causes of obstructive and central apnea
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Mixed apnea
More information about causes of Mixed apnea:
Mixed apnea: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Mixed apnea
RLS sleep disorder causing night-time leg sensations often misdiagnosed: A common but relatively unknown
sleep-related disorder called Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) is often misdiagnosed.
The typical symptoms are night-time...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Mixed apnea
Mixed apnea: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Mixed apnea
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Mixed apnea:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Mixed apnea,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Mixed apnea: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Mixed apnea
Medical research articles related to Mixed apnea include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Mixed apnea: Animations
More Mixed apnea animations & videos
Research about Mixed apnea
Visit our research pages for current research about Mixed apnea treatments.
Mixed apnea: Broader Related Topics
Types of Mixed apnea
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Mixed apnea, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Mixed apnea:
» Next page: What is Mixed apnea?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: