Treatments for Mold allergy
Treatment List for Mold allergy
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Mold allergy
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Avoid coming into contact with the allergen, various medications depending on the symptoms and severity: antihistamines, bronchodilators, inhaled corticosteroids, decongestants, nasal sprays, cromolyn sodium, immunotherapy
- Treatment of mold allergy is dependant upon the type and severity of the allergic symptoms. Treatments for mold allergies include:
- Allergen avoidance and minimisation of exposure - maintaining a dry environment in the house and workplace as much as possible.
- Antihistamines - Useful for allergic rhinitis and some allergy mediated skin conditions. Not helpful in asthma except for mild seasonal asthma where allergy may be a precipitant.
- Nasal sprays - including topical steroids and antiinflammatories used for allergic rhinitis
- Eyedrops - ketorolac, levocabastine, ketotifen, olapatadine, for allergic conjunctivitis
- Asthma medications such as inhaled beta agonists and inhaled corticosteroids - used to treat asthma which may have allergy as a contributing factor.
- Oral steroids - used in short courses for moderate allergic reactions especially with asthma symptoms or skin conditions
- Desensitisation - evidence is mixed, and efficacy dependant or the type of allergy symptoms, more evidence for usefulness with allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis.
Alternative Treatments for Mold allergy
Alternative treatments or home remedies that have been listed as possibly helpful for Mold allergy may include:
- Ventilate areas prone to mold growth
- Keep books in a glass case
- Keep books out of the bedroom
- Remove mold with bleach solution
- more treatments »
Mold allergy: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Mold allergy:
Mold allergy: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Mold allergy
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Mold allergy:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Mold allergy,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Mold allergy