Symptoms of Myxedema coma
Symptoms of Myxedema coma
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for Myxedema coma includes the 13
symptoms listed below:
- Altered mental status
- Periorbital, nonpitting edema; facial swelling or coarseness; macroglossia; enlargement of the tonsils, nasopharynx, and larynx; coarse or thinning hair8
- Thyroid - Enlarged, not palpable, scar suggesting previous thyroidectomy
- Abdomen - Distension secondary to ileus and/or ascites, diminished or absent bowel sounds
- Bladder distension
- Skin/nails - Cool, pale, dry, scaly, thickened skin; dry, brittle nails; ecchymoses, purpura, sallowness due to carotenemia
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of Myxedema coma:
Myxedema coma: Symptom Checkers
Review the available symptom checkers for these symptoms of Myxedema coma:
Myxedema coma: Symptom Assessment Questionnaires
Review the available Assessment Questionnaires for the symptoms of Myxedema coma:
Myxedema coma: Complications
Review medical complications possibly associated with Myxedema coma:
Research More About Myxedema coma
Do I have Myxedema coma?
Myxedema coma: Medical Mistakes
Myxedema coma: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to Myxedema coma:
- Thyroid: Home Testing:
- Menopause: Related Home Testing:
- Vaginal Health: Home Testing:
- Adrenal Gland Health: Home Testing:
- Breast Cancer: Related Home Tests:
- more home tests...»
Myxedema coma: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Specialists:
- Pregnancy & Fertility Health Specialists:
- Womens Health Specialists:
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of Myxedema coma:
More information about symptoms of Myxedema coma and related conditions:
Other Possible Causes of these Symptoms
Click on any of the symptoms below to see a full list
of other causes including diseases, medical conditions, toxins, drug interactions,
or drug side effect causes of that symptom.
Myxedema coma: Onset and Incubation
Onset of Myxedema coma: Myxedema coma/crisis occurs most commonly in older women with long-standing, undiagnosed or under treated hypothyroidism who experience an additionalsignificant stress,such asinfection,a systemic disease, certain medications, and exposure to a cold environment.
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of Myxedema coma:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of Myxedema coma.
This signs and symptoms information for Myxedema coma has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of Myxedema coma signs or Myxedema coma symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of Myxedema coma may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed Myxedema coma symptoms.