Nevus Comedonicus: Introduction
Nevus Comedonicus: A rare condition characterized by the development of large comedones which can occur in groups or linear arrangements. If it is associated with other congenital malformations, it is called Nevus comedonicus syndrome.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Nevus Comedonicus is available below.
Symptoms of Nevus Comedonicus
- Comedones - elevated skin bumps with central plug
- Dilated skin follicle opening
- Dark central plug in comedones
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Nevus Comedonicus
Treatments for Nevus Comedonicus
- Skin symptoms may not need treatment if they aren't problematic. Various treatments may be employed for cosmetic reasons. Topical therapies may improve the appearance of skin lesions: salicylic acid, ammonium lactate lotion and topical retinoic acid. More severe skin symptoms may require the use of isotretinoin
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Nevus Comedonicus
Wrongly Diagnosed with Nevus Comedonicus?
Nevus Comedonicus: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Nevus Comedonicus:
Causes of Nevus Comedonicus
Read more about causes of Nevus Comedonicus.
Misdiagnosis and Nevus Comedonicus
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is rare in...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Nevus Comedonicus
Nevus Comedonicus: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Nevus Comedonicus: Animations
More Nevus Comedonicus animations & videos
Nevus Comedonicus: Broader Related Topics
Types of Nevus Comedonicus
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Nevus Comedonicus, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Nevus Comedonicus:
» Next page: What is Nevus Comedonicus?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: