Symptoms of Night terror
Symptoms of Night terror
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for Night terror includes the 2
symptoms listed below:
- 'Bolting upright' with their eyes wide open, with a look of fear and panic, and letting out a 'blood curdling scream'. These individuals will usually also be sweating, breathing fast and have a rapid heart rate (autonomic signs). And although it will seem like they are awake, during a night terror, the individual will appear confused, will not be consolable and won't recognize others.
- Typical night terrors last about 5 to 30 minutes and afterwards, the individual usually return to a regular sleep
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of Night terror:
Research More About Night terror
Do I have Night terror?
Night terror: Medical Mistakes
Night terror: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to Night terror:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Sleep Disorders: Home Testing
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
- more home tests...»
Wrongly Diagnosed with Night terror?
The list of other diseases or medical conditions
that may be on the differential diagnosis list of alternative diagnoses
for Night terror includes:
See the full list of 3
Night terror: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of Night terror:
More information about symptoms of Night terror and related conditions:
Night terror: Onset and Incubation
Onset of Night terror: Children from age two to six are most prone to night terrors, and they affect about fifteen percent of all children, although people of any age may experience them. Adult night terrors are much less common and the symptoms vary.
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of Night terror:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of Night terror.
This signs and symptoms information for Night terror has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of Night terror signs or Night terror symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of Night terror may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed Night terror symptoms.