See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Thousands of deaths and many more hospitalizations result from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is produced by incomplete burning of fuels such as in furnaces, wood stoves, water heaters, ovens etc. The gas is invisible and has no smell or taste and is thus difficult to detect but symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure include headaches, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness, burning eyes, irregular breathing, confusion, disorientation and unconsciousness. CO poisoning can ultimately lead to brain damage or death. If the whole family starts to suffer from flu-like symptoms it is advisable to see a medical professional and request a CO blood test. The symptoms are often alleviated if the person gets fresh air. A carbon monoxide detector is also a vital warning measure.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by Bear Valley News
About: Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms mimic the flu
Source: Bear Valley News
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City