See what questions
a doctor would ask.
A man was awarded $3 million in a malpractice verdict when an anesthesiologist punctured his bowel with a needle during a diagnostic exam. This resulted in his spine becoming infected with E. Coli. However a medical malpractice review panel found that the doctor and hospital were not at fault and that the man was susceptible to infections that caused disc deterioration and that his bowel was not punctured.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by Associated Press
About: Man awarded 3 million in malpractice suit
Date: 27 May 2004
Source: Associated Press
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City