Have a symptom?
See what questions
a doctor would ask.
News » Parents sue over botched circumcision

Parents sue over botched circumcision

The tip of an infants glans penis was amputated during a circumcision and he required surgery to repair his urethra. The parents sued for medical malpractice but lost the case because doctors agreed that the boy would not suffer any permanent damage. Also, the boy probably had a congenital deformity (chordee) which is difficult to diagnose but can cause complication during circumcision.

Related Disease Topics:

Article Source Details

About: Parents sue over botched circumcision

Date: September 2004

URL: Source Missouri Medical Law Report

Related Medical Topics

This summary article refers to the following medical categories:

  • Malpractice
  • Malpractice and circumcision
  • Malpractice and congenital deformity
  • Malpractice and chrodee
  • Malpractice and congenital deformity
  • Congenital deformity
  • Undiagnosed
  • Undiagnosed and circumcision
  • Undiagnosed and Chordee

More News Topics

  • Lorry driver suffering from blackouts kills family after being given all clear by GP
  • Loss of limbs from artery disease
  • Loss of right eye earns teenager 2.2 million
  • Lou Gerhig's disease or Lyme disease?
  • Low birth weight linked to range of adult deficits
  • Low Carbohydrate diet works better for men then women
  • Low dose antioxidant may reduce cancer risk in men
  • Low dose radiation exposure increases risk of cancer
  • Low doses of chemotherapy reduces chances of positive outcome
  • Low GI diet does not promote weight loss
  • Low salt diet may be inappropriate for elderly people
  • Low-fat diet may have protective effect against Alzheimer's disease

    By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only; it is not intended as a substitute for advice from your own medical team. The information on this site is not to be used for diagnosing or treating any health concerns you may have - please contact your physician or health care professional for all your medical needs. Please see our Terms of Use.

    Home | Symptoms | Diseases | Diagnosis | Videos | Tools | Forum | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Advertise