See what questions
a doctor would ask.
It was ruled that a nursing home resident died of natural causes and not from the medication error administered shortly before her death. The woman was deemed to have died of cerebral anoxia due to stroke. Prior to the stroke the nursing home nurse had administered at least four times the prescribed dose of pain killer. Toxicology tests showed that the Oxycodone level in her body was within normal limits. Nevertheless, steps have been taken to prevent such medication errors occurring again.
Source: summary of medical news story as reported by York Daily Record
About: Woman deemed to have died from natural causes and not pain killer overdose
Date: 13 October 2004
Source: York Daily Record
Author: Kara Eberle, Jennifer Nejman
http:/ This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Related Medical Topics
More News Topics
This summary article refers to the following medical categories:
Search Specialists by State and City