See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Oak poisoning: The oak is a large tree which has distinctive leaves and bears acorns. The acorns and young leaves contain chemicals (gallotannins, quercitrin and quercitin) which can cause symptoms if eaten. The plant is considered to have a low level of toxicity. The nuts are edible if the tannins have been leached out. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Oak poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Oak poisoning:
Read more about causes of Oak poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Oak poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Oak poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City