See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Oleander poisoning: The oleander is a flowering shrub or small tree which bears clusters of flowers. The plant originated from Eurasia and is often used as an ornamental plant. The plant contains chemicals (cardiac glycosides: nerioside, oleandroside; saponins) which are very toxic if ingested. The plant is considered highly toxic and can result in death if sufficient quantities are eaten. The toxicity within a species can vary depending on the season. As little as seven leaves have been reported to cause poisoning symptoms. Poisoning can occur from inhaling smoke from burning oleander leaves. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Oleander poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Oleander poisoning:
Review possible medical complications related to Oleander poisoning:
Read more about causes of Oleander poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Medical research articles related to Oleander poisoning include:
Prognosis for Oleander poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Visit our research pages for current research about Oleander poisoning treatments.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Oleander poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City