Olecranon bursitis: Introduction
Olecranon bursitis: Inflammation of the fluid-filled sac at the pointy end of the elbow. The inflammation can result from trauma to the elbow, infection or chronic injury which can result from frequently resting on the elbows.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Olecranon bursitis is available below.
Symptoms of Olecranon bursitis
See full list of 10
symptoms of Olecranon bursitis
Treatments for Olecranon bursitis
- Varies depending on cause. Traumatic injuries usually resolve on their own. Pain and anti-inflammatories may be of help but some cases may require drainage of the excess fluid in the bursa with a needle. Surgery is a final option in cases where the bursa is thickened and no other therapies work
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Olecranon bursitis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Olecranon bursitis:
- Nerve Neuropathy: Related Home Testing:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Olecranon bursitis?
Olecranon bursitis: Related Patient Stories
Causes of Olecranon bursitis
Read more about causes of Olecranon bursitis.
Olecranon bursitis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
- Nerve Disorders: serious diseases commonly undiagnosed:
- Chronic Pain Disorders -- serious medical disorders that may be undiagnosed:
- more undiagnosed conditions...»
Misdiagnosis and Olecranon bursitis
Leg cramps at night a classic sign: The symptom of having leg muscle cramps,
particularly at night, is a classic sign of undiagnosed diabetes.
However, there are also various other causes.
See causes of leg cramps or misdiagnosis of...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related...read more »
Vitamin B12 deficiency under-diagnosed: The condition of Vitamin B12 deficiency
is a possible misdiagnosis of various conditions, such as multiple...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Olecranon bursitis
Olecranon bursitis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Bone, Joint and Orthopedic Specialists:
- Nerve Specialists:
- Pain Specialists:
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Evidence Based Medicine Research for Olecranon bursitis
Medical research articles related to Olecranon bursitis include:
Click here to find more evidence-based articles on the TRIP Database
Olecranon bursitis: Animations
More Olecranon bursitis animations & videos
Research about Olecranon bursitis
Visit our research pages for current research about Olecranon bursitis treatments.
Olecranon bursitis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Olecranon bursitis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Olecranon bursitis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Olecranon bursitis:
» Next page: What is Olecranon bursitis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: