Paedophilia: A sexual preference for prepubescent children.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Paedophilia is available below.
Symptoms of Paedophilia
- Sexual preference for prepubescent children
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about prepubescent children
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving prepubescent children
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving prepubescent children
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Paedophilia
Treatments for Paedophilia
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- These conditions present treatment challenges, because they are often concealed, and are often associated with guilt and shame. They are generally treated with psychotherapy and/or medication. The type and setting (inpatient vs outpatient) of treatment utilised is dependant upon the degree of dysfunction the condition causes, as well as the threat the behaviours pose to others
- Treatments include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Paedophilia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Paedophilia:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Paedophilia?
Causes of Paedophilia
Read more about causes of Paedophilia.
Paedophilia: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Paedophilia
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered from sudden inability to speak.
This was initially...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed correctly by primary care physicians.
Many patients with bipolar seek help from...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or
have a delayed diagnosis.
See misdiagnosis of eating disorders...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be overlooked.
See misdiagnosis of...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see ...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Paedophilia
Paedophilia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Paedophilia
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Paedophilia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Paedophilia,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Paedophilia: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Paedophilia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Paedophilia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Paedophilia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Paedophilia:
» Next page: What is Paedophilia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: