Prevention of Periodontitis
Clinical Trials for Periodontitis
Some of the clinical trials for Periodontitis include:
Prevention of Periodontitis:
How can I keep my teeth and gums healthy?
- Keep your blood sugar as close to normal as possible.
- Use dental floss at least once a day. Flossing helps prevent the
buildup of plaque on your teeth. Plaque can harden and grow under your
gums and cause problems. Using a sawing motion, gently bring the floss
between the teeth, scraping from bottom to top several times.
- Brush your teeth after each meal and snack. Use a soft toothbrush.
Turn the bristles against the gum line and brush gently. Use small,
circular motions. Brush the front, back, and top of each tooth.
||Brush and floss your teeth and gums every
- If you wear false teeth, keep them clean.
- Ask the person who cleans your teeth to show you the best way to
brush and floss your teeth and gums. Ask this person about the best
toothbrush and toothpaste to use.
- Call your dentist right away if you have problems with your teeth
- Call your dentist if you have red, sore, or bleeding gums; gums that
are pulling away from your teeth; a sore tooth that could be infected;
or soreness from your dentures.
- Get your teeth and gums cleaned and checked by your dentist twice a
- If your dentist tells you about a problem, take care of it right
- Be sure your dentist knows that you have diabetes.
- If you smoke, talk to your doctor about ways to quit smoking.
(Source: excerpt from Keep your teeth and gums healthy: NIDDK
Prevention Claims: Periodontitis
Information on prevention of Periodontitis comes from many sources.
There are some sources that claim preventive benefits
for many different diseases for various products.
We may present such information
in the hope that it may be useful,
however, in some cases claims of Periodontitis prevention may be
dubious, invalid, or not recognized in mainstream medicine.
Please discuss any treatment, discontinuation of treatment,
or change of treatment plans with your doctor
or professional medical specialist.